Audiofile Quality

Too clever by half.

 
Invocation
I am the crow of desperation
I will effect your validation
I spin relentless variation
I scramble in the dust of a failing nation
I was concealed
Now I am stirring
And I have waited for this time.
Lesson
The birds they sang
at the break of day
Start again
I heard them say
Don't dwell on what
has passed away
or what is yet to be.

Ah the wars they will
be fought again
The holy dove
She will be caught again
bought and sold
and bought again
the dove is never free.

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in.
Benediction
I remember King David,
With his harp
And his beautiful, beautiful songs;
I answered his prayers,
And showed him a place
Where his music belongs

It's not too far from here;
Come get up off your knees
If you're looking for ways to please...

Sing me no psalm;
You're not King David.
Sing me no high,
Hushed Glory Be:
Sing it to one,
One of the broken
And brother you're singing,
Singing to me

Sing me no deep
Hymn of devotion;
Sing me no slow
Sweet melody:
Sing it to one,
One of the broken--
And brother you're singing,
Singing to me.
To My Ear... Volume I: What Do You Call This?
Sunday, July 16, 2006
Note: I'm reposting the track for a week because it was really foolish for me to think anybody would find this little corner of the internets right away.

After picking through the 1974 Eno & Cale in the previous post, I decided to hang out in the era for a while. Immediately I ran across this 1974 recording, a demo featuring the early influences of an act that went on to make its own waves some years later. Despite poor sound quality (improved fractionally with the aid of a fine editor I can almost manage properly) there is a marked Eno influence. To My Ear.

But what happens when songwriting and performance grow beyond the scope of early influences? I'll sing the praises of any who can recognize where the music's going.

No fair asking for clues to the future identity of this act; I've given you one already. Plus the approprate hometown is among the counties pictured, right. It's blue (or yellow, or red, or green).

Drop me an email or post a comment if you recognize the sound! If anyone cares, I'll post the answer (and 5 more demos!) before this link expires:

Do You Really?
posted by Rah @ 2:34 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Rah
Home: North Cackalacky
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
P.S.

mp3 blogs

BLOGGER